Notice I refrain from referring to this as my “New Year’s Resolutions” because I don’t want to put undue pressure on myself to fulfill any of them. I will just strive to tick them off my list one by one, but won’t kick myself at the end of 2003 if any or all of them haven’t been accomplished.
In no particular order….
1. Work on tardiness. I’m a sleepyhead in the morning; always have been. And this has been a problem for me since I started having to be accountable to someone else for my whereabouts. (Uh, read: since I first started working back in 1977.)
2. Take care of my health. I figure I ought to start on this while I still have it to work with. I am borderline diabetic so I need to watch bingeing on sweets, which fortunately I don’t do much anymore, but I do have a weakness/fondness for certain soft drinks that aren’t good for me (Big Red and Topo Chico Peach).
3. Spend less time online. I have spent a lot of time online, especially this past year and most especially this past six months while I’ve been blogging. I feel that it is getting in the way of my productivity at home.
4. Spend a lot of time with my elder kitty, Simon, who is aging and becoming a bit frail. Don’t know how long the old guy will be around but he managed to turn up in 2003, bless his heart!! I love that cat!
5. Take a trip to the Big Apple. We want to do this in March and we need to be sure we have plenty of money in the trip kitty for this. Better to come home with extra money than be stranded in what must be one of the world’s greatest cities with not enough cash!!
That’s all I can think of right now. I’ll add to this list as I see fit throughout the year.