Time for the Friday Five…
1. Is the name you have now the same name that’s on your birth certificate? If not, what’s changed? Yep, name I was born with. Joni Marie Mueller.
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be? I might change the last name from Mueller, which is often mispronounced, to Bueller, which, thanks to Matthew Broderick’s movie, everyone seems to be able to pronounce.
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?) All I know is that when I would ask my mother what her favorite girl’s name was, she would always answer “Katherine.” Then why didn’t she name me that? She said it was because she didn’t want me to end up being called Kate or Katy or Kit or Kathy.
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why? I love French names and most of my cars have had French names: Simone, Monette. (Is Angela French?) I also like the names Antonia, Gisele and Chloe. For guys, I like the name Paul. I’ve always thought “Bobby” was a cool name for a guy. Robert doesn’t like being called that, not one bit. He says it makes it sound like he’s six years old. He prefers Robert, Roberto, Ro-Bo, He-ro or “Your Majesty.”
5. Is the analysis of your name at
Your first name of Joni has given you a responsible, expressive, inspirational, and friendly personality. Expression comes naturally to you and you are rarely at a loss for words; in fact, you have to put forth effort at times to curb an over-active tongue. Self-confidence has made it easy for you to meet people and you are well-liked for your spontaneous, happy ways. You sincerely like people and do not often experience loneliness; your work and home-life are likely filled with association.
You enjoy music and could have a fine singing voice; however, the study could be somewhat difficult because you do not find it easy to apply yourself to concentrated study for long periods. In this respect, this name is not altogether constructive; it creates a somewhat scattering influence which makes it difficult for you to finish what you start. This name brings disappointments and emotional involvements through being too sympathetic and easily influenced.
I am more of a loner by nature than the above would have you believe. I also think I apply myself to studies a lot better than indicated. Bah. What’s in a name anyway? All I know is that my name isn’t a FOUR LETTER WORD for nothing!