I laughed my happy little ass off when I saw the Friday Five questions, since I’m on vacation (buwahaaa!!!). So here goes, live from the couch….
1. Where do you currently work? A large Houston law firm (no, not Dewey, Cheatham & Howe, LLP).
2. How many other jobs have you had and where? My first job (part-time while still in high school) was night switchboard operator at the-then largest PBX system in San Antonio, Mission Chevrolet. The most fun I ever had and got paid for it. It was there that I developed a fascination for the short-lived sports car, the Bricklin. When school was out, I was hoping that the woman who worked the switchboard during the day would leave so I could have her job. But she didn’t. So I took my first job as a legal secretary in June 1976 and have been at it ever since. Scary, eh?
3. What do you like best about your job? If you read this blog at all, you know this one’s gonna be short and sweet: The end of the day. No, seriously, there were some problems this past year with a second assignment, but they’ve all been worked out. I am lucky that my Bossette does usually consider me to be a valued member of the team. Although she has her moments when she’s a Stress Goddess. But don’t we all. I am very good at what I do I think because I am very inquisitive and I have learned where to find information. When attorneys need something off the Internet now, they all come running to me.
4. What do you like least about your job? Having to get out of bed to get to it. I am not a morning person and at this rate, it doesn’t look like that will ever change.
5. What is your dream job? Web-monkeying. Which I do now, I just don’t get paid for it!