Oh, just go on and click the cursed thing! You know you want to!
1. What was the first band you saw in concert? If you don’t already know how old I am, my answer to this question will probably give me away: The Patti Smith Group at Randy’s Rodeo, a bowling alley-cum-nightclub in northwest San Antonio.
2. Who is your favorite artist/band now? Jarabe de Palo, a Spanish band headed by the very handsome Pau Dones (and I still like him even though he went and did a dufus thing like shave his head!). The band has a bluesy number called Dos Dias In Mi Vida [5.9MB MP3] (Two Days In My Life), which they originally wrote for Celia Cruz. In fact, at the end of the song, you can hear Celia’s more up-tempo version of it.
3. What’s your favorite song? In the world? Hmm. That’s hard to pin down because of the way I listen to music. I will find a song or an artist and play the music to death and then tire of it and move on to something else. But one song I never tire of is Time to Say Goodbye [2.8MB MP3] by Sarah Brightman.
4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be? Definitely an acoustic guitar. I dated a musician once, and my fondest memories are of sitting around in his living room while he and his friend (who also played acoustic guitar and slide) played music. I would love to be able to create my own music.
5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why? Definitely Mozart. He was troubled, he was a musician (need I say more, really?), and he was a bad boy, even back in that era. And he died penniless. I am convinced that, had Mozart lived in today’s era, I’d probably have dated him at one point or another.