I can’t believe it’s Friday already. My two weeks of vacation flew right on by!
Click for the Friday Five….
1. What was your most memorable moment from the last week? Finally, and firmly, shoving an overstaying guest out the door at 11:45 p.m. last Friday night. (You don’t want to know….)
2. What one person touched your life this week? Robert’s cheerful nurse who came by today to check up on him. She’s got problems of her own so the fact that my DVD player doesn’t want to work pales in comparison. I’ll shut up now.
3. How have you helped someone this week? I’m usually always online or in the Usenet groups and I like to think that sometimes the advice I give helps. Someone contacted me through my cats’ web site asking about feline hyperthyroidism. I was able to answer her questions, since my Maine Coon, Simon, suffers from it also. I hope the information I gave her helped her make some meaningful decisions about her cat. There are three treatment options, radioisotope treatment (cures the condition but runs about $1000-$1500), lifetime management with Tapizole and quarterly kidney and liver function tests (this can run into money in a cat with a longer life expectancy to where the I-131 radiation ends up being more cost-effective), and the last option, which most vets eschew, surgical removal of the thyroid gland. There now, was that just more than you ever wanted to know about it? Anyway, I felt good being able to answer her questions.
4. What one thing do you need to get done by this time next week?
Get my car inspected!
5. What one thing will you do over the next seven days to make your world a better place? I have no idea; it hasn’t happened yet. Show up for work? Pffhhtt!